Big, fat, wide, shallow rib mystery "solved" ???????

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 22:05:26 -0800 (PST)

Dear Everyone,
    Today I spoke with one of the most utterly
respected bellymen, frequently published in the
Journal and in a "position" to know PLENTY about old,
pre - AMPICO Knabes......
     Well, HE said, after examining these wide, fat,
shallow ribs upon removal from old boards, that they
ARE "rib-crowned"!
     And so, perhaps, also with my Ivers and Pond, and
Packard ???
    So much for the notion that these ribs are, by
necessity, flat......

     Peace,

P.S. I'm now wondering if the grain orientation on
these ribs is such as to better lend themselves to
elasticty.
     Just a "hunch".