What's a fair price to charge for tuning a piano

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Thu, 9 Feb 2006 09:31:27 -0500

> Ya get what ya pay for.
>
> Terry Farrell

Not always. Sometimes you get a lot less than you paid for,
but you usually pay for what you get.
Ron N

My friend had taken his truck into the local car audio store and had them
install 4 Infinity speakers and a power amp. He still wasn't getting the
bass response he wanted so I took over a sub box and amp last night to try
out before he plunked down another $500. Here's what I discovered on a
system installed by the professionals:

A door speaker wasn't working. They had left too much wire loose and it had
become entangled in the window mechanism.

Door panels not properly reinstalled so they buzzed at loud volumes

And for the kicker: the amplifier switches were set for high pass filter! No
wonder he wasn't getting much bass response. The amp crossover wasn't
letting any low frequencies through. The amp levels also weren't properly
matched to his head unit. This is how they set it up at our area's high end
car audio shop.

What a difference it made. Those Infinity's really sound good when you let
the full spectrum frequency through.

Don't trust the professionals. Learn as much as you can about everything.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802