440 vs 442

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 06:56:17 -0600

Ron:

=20

There are several people here who can tell 440 from 442.  It's not that
uncommon.  We have a soprano here who always wants her piano at 442 (a
singer who can tell pitch that well?!?!?!?!?).

=20

dp

=20

David M. Porritt

dporritt@smu.edu

________________________________

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of RON MAY, RPT
Sent: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 8:45 PM
To: joegarrett@earthlink.net; Pianotech List
Subject: Re: 440 vs 442

=20

Hi Joe

=20

I'm sorry but I still would have to see it to believe it. He would have
to play a couple more pianos for me. I have had occasions where the
artist or stage manager pulled out a meter and checked the pitch.  Are
you sure he didn't have one. 2 cps out of 440cps, 4 cps out of 880cps 8
cps out of 1760. I'm sorry Joe,you will have a hard time convincing me.

=20

Thanks anyway for the contribution on A440. I am collecting ideas and
back up for the Symphonic Assoc.

=20

Ron May

----- Original Message -----=20