Front rail punching change

Roger Jolly roger.j@sasktel.net
Tue, 07 Feb 2006 21:59:48 -0600

Hi Barbara,
                      Your problem is the height of the balance rail
hole.   I will bet money it is in the 7 to 9mm range.
I needs to be reamed down to 4mm, before you do anything
else.  Pianotech has a Balance rail hole reamer part#KCS-1B that will
do the job. Keep your finger firmly on the bottom of the BR hole and
ream until the tip of the reamer touches your finger tip.
This is the number one cause of slow repetition, and spongy feel.

The change of punching's will give a good improvement, after the
holes are reamed to the correct height, but will be of little benefit
if the holes are not reamed.

When the BR hole is too tall the walls of the hole starts to bind on
the pin making after touch very ill defined.

This problem was corrected on my last visit to the plant.

Regards Roger Jolly
Technical Consultant
Samick Music Corp.