laminated ribs

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 18:19:13 EST

Hi Steve
   Perhaps you could quantify what those  results were with the lam ribs over
crown cut  spruce ribs in words as best as one can. I found that  switching
from sugar pine to spruce ribs made a qualatative tonal  difference in the
clarity & focus  of the tonal envelope.  I  haven't had any trouble with my ribs
either after they made the client happy. I  think these are questions worth
comparing notes on.  Shape,depth &  width will also have a bearing .
   Dale Erwin

s, say  copying what was there exactly, copying what
was there originally and  cutting the radius into them, using a different
wood (spruce) and cutting  the curve into them, or using Del's laminated
ribs, I am most  happy with the results I get from the laminated.  Why, I
can't tell you for sure. From just a guy who is not into math, I am most
happy when my clients are happy.  I have not had a problem with any  of
these ribs once they have reached the clients home.
Steve  Ganz

Dale Erwins  Piano Restorations
4721 Parker Rd.
Modesto, CA  95357
209-577-8397
Specializing in the restoration , service & Sales  of
Steinway , Mason & hamlin & other fine  pianos.
Erwinspiano@aol.com