tuning environment

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 7:41:22 -0800

Marshall,

How visually impaired are you?   If you can see the red spinner fairly =
well, the Accutuner might be the way to go...but there are numbers invo=
lved in setting it up.  Their size is about like   8.4   8.7  9.3

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: pianotune05@comcast.net
To: "Pianotech List"
Subject: Re: tuning environment

I know I'm not going out and buying and ETD right away, but I was wonde=
ring what size font the print is. ie. 10 12 etc.  Since I use the city =
bus system, the smaller ones woule be a better match for me ,but depend=
ing on the print.  I can see the red light on the spinner pretty well. =
Are they pretty much the same in price, tune lab, verituner etc.  I kno=
w the Acutuner III is in the neighborhood of 1700$
Marshall

From: Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@luther.edu>

> At 12:36 PM 2/6/2006 +0100, you wrote:
> > >...ETD that I can get a close look at. I want to see how bug the n=
umbers
> >are whether I can read them or not. I'd like to get one just so I ca=
> >raise pitch before tuning by ear.<
> >
> >Hi Marshall,
> >
> >Maybe someone there still uses the laptop version of RCT. I think th=
at as
> >the screen is pretty big, it wont be too difficult for you to see th=
> >spinner, and you can put it in different colours which may help. It'=
> >awesome for pitch raises.
>

> Guilty as charged...
>
> I have RCT on a new 14.5" screen Toshiba. (i.e. large print edition..=
. ;-}
> ) Note: that's larger tha! n my home TV screen. If I ever buy a DVD, =
I'll