tuning environment

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Mon, 06 Feb 2006 06:02:40 -0600

At 12:36 PM 2/6/2006 +0100, you wrote:
> >...ETD that I can get a close look at. I want to see how bug the numbers
>are whether I can read them or not.  I'd like to get one just so I can
>raise pitch before tuning by ear.<
>
>Hi Marshall,
>
>Maybe someone there still uses the laptop version of RCT. I think that as
>the screen is pretty big, it wont be too difficult for you to see the
>spinner, and you can put it in different colours which may help. It's
>awesome for pitch raises.

Guilty as charged...

I have RCT on a new 14.5" screen Toshiba. (i.e. large print edition... ;-}
) Note: that's larger than my home TV screen.  If I ever buy a DVD, I'll
watch it on my laptop. 8-}}}

No internal mike, so I need to plug one in, but I still can set the 'puter
up to 8' away on a convenient table, chair, other piano or even the floor
and see quite well. For grands, I usually set it up on the short sticked lid.

I have different colo(u)rs for the spinner for fine tune and pitch raise,
and some available hues are _really_ easy to see. I've also cut down the
propellor blade to 30° so that the "blush" is really dramatic/easily seen.

my 2¢.

Conrad Hoffsommer

Chi si ferma è perduto.