tuning environment

PIANISSIMO PIANOFORTE S.L. patrick@pianospianissimo.com
Mon, 6 Feb 2006 00:43:46 +0100 (CET)

>What has been yoru worst tuning environment?<

Hi Marshall,

Had to tune one of the hire grands (c-7) at a jazz festival last summer,
while the band playing before the ones i was tuning the piano for, were
doing their rehearsing on the stage with me!!! (someone at the festivals
organization wasnt that organized after all... long story)

It was an open air event and the piano had been out in the heat all
afternoon, and at 11pm the temperature difference was of easily 10-15º
(celsius) meaning of course the tuning was... well, not even "good enough
for jazz"

So i put the lid on the "half" position, and put the transit cover on as
closer to me as i could, turned on RCT... and voila!

It was amazing how RCT could listen to the whole piano with that "ground
shaking" noice on such small stage.

Not only that, but the tuning was actually pretty good considering :)

oh, and screaming kids, noisy neigbourghs in flats, builders knocking
walls down... are noisy too!

Regards,

Patrick

P.S.: isn't it great when customers offer nice food!!