Pinblock fitting

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 16:14:53 -0500

Is it safe to assume the piano has been strung for a while and has
stabilized somewhere near standard pitch? I would recommend tapping some
hardwood shims into the gaps between the plate flange and pinblock and see
if that helps - if suddenly it becomes stable, then I guess the answer is
obvious. At least it won't hurt anything.

Terry Farrell