Pinblock CA after Dope?

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sun, 05 Feb 2006 10:00:53 -0800

At 11:00 AM 2/5/2006 +0000, Don wrote:
>I find CA works even better on doped blocks. Use lots of CA. If any pins
>become "frozen" tap them with a tuning pin punch before you shear them off
>(Don't ask me how I know).

Don, here, you've said it yourself! "Use lots of CA" followed by "before you
shear them off"

DON'T use lots of CA, so that they DON'T become frozen! Use just ENOUGH
CA so that they aren't loose anymore. Only trial and error can tell you
how much that is, but I think you'll be surprised at how small an amount
will give you good results. Unlike doping hammers, for instance, a
second application of CA works even better than the first, so if you
find you've used too little (which I've found very seldom happens)
you can just add a little more at the next visit. If, on the other
hand, you always "use lots of CA" you'll never be able to find out how
much is optimum, because you'll always use more CA than optimum, probably
a LOT more. It also has very nasty fumes in large volume. How much is
your health worth? Enough to revisit an automatic decision about how
much CA is "right"? Heck, that's FREE! All it takes is some mental
flexibility.

sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssnnnnn (sheesh .....)