Brass Rail to Wood Flange Conversion

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 10:33:14 -0500

Yeah, but grand flanges are outies rather than innies like on an =
upright!

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20

  How about a grand flange, I believe they are flat?=20
  You could cut to size, and use sandpaper to stabilize the side to side =
motion.

  John M. Ross
  Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
  jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
    ----- Original Message -----=20

    I checked out the action center position pretty closely before =
making this conversion. I just double-checked it with the original setup =
again (not that I had ANY doubts!  ;-). It is real close to original - =
if anything a quarter of a millimeter low, so I really don't want to =
lower it any more.

    However, I did incorporate some of Ron's suggestion (although not =
the heart of his suggestion) - I ran a length of #17-1/2 music wire =
along the bottom side of the flange screw (nice snug fit) and kept the =
upper brass rod.

    I have to admit that I still like the idea of having the full height =
of the flange intimately contacting the action rail. If nothing else, it =
will likely make me sleep better at night....

    Terry Farrell

    BTW: What kind of flange does is completely flat on the back side - =
no cut-out?