Weighty tools

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sun, 05 Feb 2006 01:39:10 -0800

Sounds like a sensible plan, Debbie. Part of my problem is that the kit
weighs 14 lbs before I load in the tools! As I'm getting longer in the
tooth, I may have to downsize.

I do have several different cases in the car for the more infrequent
repair procedures (but nothing as extensive as Isaac Sadigursky). I like
keeping the glues and lubes separate from other tools and supplies in a
small cooler (except one small white glue bottle goes in the main kit).
Strings and stringing tools are in a tool box, repining and many of my
regulating tools in a tackle box. Vacuum and cleaning implements are in
a large tool box. A couple of two-sided fishing boxes carry small parts,
another tool box is for a drill motor, drills and various repair tools,
and a large plastic container stores Cory products for sale and caster
cups.

Filling the interstices between the cases are a piano-lifting crowbar
(for installing the caster cups), a key-leveling straightedge, and
whatever didn't fit in the above. A moving blanket covers all the cases
and provides a bed for transporting actions.

Always in search of a better tool case...
Tom Cole