Weighty tools

pianolady50@peoplepc.com pianolady50@peoplepc.com
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 22:06:33 -0500

Hi Tom,
Okay, minus the 5lb. laptop, we're still not close!  I carry all I need =
for tuning and regulating.  The repair stuff stays behind in the truck =
unless I know about the type of repair ahead of time.  Even so, it still =
travels in a different container (kit).  I have a "stick um and slick =
um" kit, a various and sundry small parts kit, string kit, and a =
(doesn't always travel with me) player piano kit.
Debbie
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Thomas Cole=20
  To: Pianotech List=20
  Sent: Saturday, February 04, 2006 7:30 PM
  Subject: Re: Weighty tools

  Debbie,

  My kit weighs in the neighborhood of 50 lbs and I don't see it losing =
weight soon. My case caries my 5 lb laptop and all tuning and frequently =
used voicing, regulating and repairing tools. I'm reluctant to make a =
trip out to the car to get a commonly used regulating tool, for example. =

  Tom Cole