tuning environment

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:44:04 -0600

Been there, done that, got the souvenir T-shirt.

One time a lady rolled up next to me and kept requesting various songs. I could not seem to get through to her that I was playing the old Chinese song "Tiu Ning" ... after awhile, she said, "Okay, I'll sing it for you" and began singing old songs, not very prettily but plenty darned loud.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Dean May
To: Pianotech List
Sent: 02/04/2006 10:48:53 AM
Subject: RE: tuning environment

I tuned a nursing home once where the room was full of old people, like they usually are. This time there was a grouchy woman sitting behind me who loudly complained about my playing the whole time I was tuning. She was swearing at me! She kept saying her nephew could play a lot better than me. I just agreed with her. ;-)

Of course there were some sweet ladies there as well who pulled me aside to apologize for their fellow resident and thank me for playing after tuning.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802