squeeky damper springs

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 23:08:51 EST

Thanks, Roger.  Seems more direct and less messy, too.

Dave

In a message dated 2/3/2006 11:18:42 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
roger.j@sasktel.net writes:

Hi  Dave,
The spray on Teflon works very well.  (TFL50)  The can comes with an
extension hose, makes it very easy and fast, to reach the damper springs, and  damper
spoons.

Regards Roger

Barbara,

I deal with lots of Kawai uprights.  They  seem to develop squeaky damper
lever springs, spoon-felt interface, and  pedals after awhile?  I've begun using
teflon powder on all contact  points.  A hobby brush works well to get it in
the groove (is this also  called a grub??) and on the springs, and I've taken
to using the tapered end  of a felt mute to get between the spoon and the end
of the lever so I can  apply it to the felt.

The other day I had a  "click" when the sustain was depressed that it took me
awhile to figure  out.  Turns out, the action bracket wasn't wedged tightly
enough into  the nose-bolt, and was moving when the damper assembly was hoisted
by the  pedal.

Ya never know....

Dave  Stahl
Dave Stahl Piano  Service