tuning environment

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 20:06:02 -0600

Subject: tuning environment

Hi Everyone,

I know it's not a technical question per sae, but I like hearing about other
technician's experiences.  What has been yoru worst tuning environment?

Marshall

A 3 day auditorium piano sale turned many sales, so finding a quiet spot to
do pre-delivery tuning and check got scarce. "Hey, how about the locker
rooms?"

Tiled walls and floors with concrete ceilings.  The hammer impact noise was
louder than string.  It took twice as long to get the job done.

Paul C