tuning environment

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:57:03 -0800

food is always more fun when it's free!

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: pianotune05@comcast.net
To: Pianotech List <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: tuning environment
Date: Sat, 04 Feb 2006 00:37:01 +0000

Hi Everyone,
I know it's not a technical question per sae, but I like hearing about other
technician's experiences.  What has been yoru worst tuning environment?
Today I tuned a piano at a nursing home, an Acrosonic.  The people were
great, but it always throws me off when someone comesup and asks me a
question such as, "Have you found that lost chord yet." I was making sure my
thirds matched up evenly.  It was great, and I scheduled them for their next
tuning already plus one of the employees there scheduled me to tune her
piano in two weeks.  It was a great experience, but it's hard to tune with
lots of background activity.  What do you guys do in that situation, besides
make the best of it.?:)
Marshall
ps. It was a great tuning all around however, plus they offered me lunch!
Awesome chili and corn bread.
From: Susan Kline <skline@peak.org>