Bluthner Tuning (long-winded rehash of unison tuning)

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Fri, 03 Feb 2006 16:02:10 -0800

At 12:49 AM 2/4/2006 +0100, Ric wrote:
>Curious to know tho... from whomever might know...  just how are the ribs
>and soundboard designed for the fourth string.  Every Bluthner I've ever
>run into had negative bearing for the 4th string... ie the darn things
>were pulling up on the soundboard.

Yes, I'm curious to see if anybody knows that as well.

You know, even negative bearing might have (er ...) bearing. That is, it
could prevent overloading the board? and improve sustain that way? (not an
expert, either.)

ssssnn