squeeky damper springs

Porritt, David dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 13:46:44 -0600

Barbara:

=20

First, I really dislike this pedal setup that Kawai used - I think it's
in some Boston's too.  There are LOTS of places to squeak.  In addition
to the overly complex mechanism you show in this picture, there are the
usual lifter-rod-on-the-damper-lever-felts, the lifter rod bushings etc.
If the metal is corroded no lubricant that I'm familiar with will help.
Polishing all those friction points and then lubricating is the only
thing that will help.  The metal that shows in the picture appears
corroded so I'd guess that the lifter rod and flanges could well be
corroded as well.

=20

Good luck!

=20