Kimball lyre

Isaac Sadigursky irs.pianos@earthlink.net
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 21:29:47 -0800

Hi,William!

I do have 2 Nylon Brackets for Kimball Grand lyre.. I used to work  for
Sherman Clay Company in the  80-th and the late Roger Weisensteiner send me
a dozen of those for replacement needs.. 10 are gone and at any day I might
need the remaining two and then I will be crying in the List for replacement
parts..  I think,making one out of maple can work,bit I personally,never
tried it,yet...

Good luck.. Isaac

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of William Benjamin
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 1:37 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: Kimball lyre

Hello list,

This is my first time with a real question so no snickering.   Especially
about the piano, ha ha

My customer said she had a noisy sustain pedal.   It is a Kimball Viennese
grand.   Well the pedal looks like a Mustang that had slid in to a ditch.
When I removed the lyre I found that there is a piece that holds all three
pedals in place.   It is nylon and it is broken.   I called Schaff and they
said they used to have some replacement parts, but they were all gone.

Now the question.   Does anyone have one or do you have a reasonable repair
procedure?   I wish that she would just trade it in on another piano, but
that is a different story.

Thanks in advance,

William

PIANO BOUTIQUE