Kimball lyre

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 17:47:43 -0500

Try

Springs Valley Mfg        =20

8331 W. SR 56

W. Baden, IN 47469

812-936-4522

=20

Dean

Dean May             cell 812.239.3359

PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272

Terre Haute IN  47802

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of William Benjamin
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 4:37 PM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: Kimball lyre

=20

Hello list,

=20

This is my first time with a real question so no snickering.   =
Especially
about the piano, ha ha

=20

My customer said she had a noisy sustain pedal.   It is a Kimball =
Viennese
grand.   Well the pedal looks like a Mustang that had slid in to a =
ditch.
When I removed the lyre I found that there is a piece that holds all =
three
pedals in place.   It is nylon and it is broken.   I called Schaff and =
they
said they used to have some replacement parts, but they were all gone.

=20

Now the question.   Does anyone have one or do you have a reasonable =
repair
procedure?   I wish that she would just trade it in on another piano, =
but
that is a different story.  =20

=20

Thanks in advance,