Damp-Chaser in Texas

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 27 08:00:33 MDT 2006

Hi Richard,

Even a 5% change in humidity may cause A4 to drift (circa 4 cents)--and of
course the lowest plain steel string drifts twice as much (or more) making
for rather awkward octaves. It also "smears" the unisons quite effectively.

Damppchasers can be effective in institutions but temperature may be a
factor as well. Try to do any tuning work under the same conditions as the
piano will be subject to when it is being performed on.

At 06:44 AM 4/27/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>   I've tuned for several churches, though, and wonder if a Damp-Chaser
>might be advisable in that context.   Thanks, Richard Morgan

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner