superglue burning eyes

Poole Peter ppoole at metrocast.net
Wed Apr 26 04:50:53 MDT 2006

Hi,

About a year ag, I  joined the host of techs using superglue to fix
loose tuning pins; early on, I put up with burning throat, nose, eyes.

Recently I have been using an OSHA approved respirator, which has cured
my burning nose and throat; but my eyes, oh my!
After about 15 minutes they start (and progressively get worse
throughout the procedure) watering, then stinging, then burning. This
is in spite of running a fan, open windows, etc.

Question: am I alone in this, perhaps because of extreme sensitivity
that others don't have, or some allergic reaction? Or, have others
experienced this, and found an answer?

Peter Poole
Registered Piano Technician
Piano Technicians Guild