CA on loose pins

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 23 09:57:06 MDT 2006

Hi George,

Some folks have had excellent results with "micro" applications of CA glue
when leaving uprights vertical, particularly if only one or two pins
require some aid.

If the pins are very loose (and by definition they are if CA glue is
needed) then it may be preferable to tip the piano onto its back and use
lots of the glue in at least two passes.

In neither case should accelerator be used.

At 11:12 AM 4/23/2006 -0230, you wrote:
>           old Upright Piano which has loose tuning pins. Now my question
>is- does the piano have to be turned on its back for this job to be
>successful ? Regards  George

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner