bridge repair

Michael Spalding spalding48 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 8 12:00:10 MDT 2006

Ed,

If the epoxy needs to be "worked in", then it is too viscous (thick).
Hardware store epoxy in a squeeze tube is not suitable.  I did my first
bridge repair with the stuff, and every time I go back to tune it I'm
reminded of what a sloppy job It does:  uneven string spacing, uneven
string heights, lots of false beats.  West System, as recommended by Terry,
is very good.  There are others that I've heard about but never used:
Abatron, System 3, etc.  Unfortunately, to get the right quality stuff you
have to buy in fairly large quantities, pint or quarrt minimum.  But the
results are worth it, and the first job will pay for it.

Mike