Hammers blocking in Seiler uprights

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Fri Apr 7 21:25:01 MDT 2006

Hello Roger,

Thanks for the detailed response.  Very interesting stuff.  I'll have to get a 4mm reamer and try this out.  You've done all of the legwork already!

If I'm reading this right, what's happening is the key is not rocking correctly at the pivot point/balance rail due to the overly tall hole, which essentially means the key is acting shorter than it really is...right?  And manufacturers have counteracted this by increasing dip to 11mm...?

I think I'll buy a Seiler just to experiment with in my garage....:-)

Thanks again!  Your generosity is always appreciated!

Dave