Schaff Piano price list - Terry

James H Frazee jimfrazee at msn.com
Thu Apr 6 08:08:24 MDT 2006

Are you suggesting that no one at Pianotek has seen a Schaff price list and vice-versa? No, but I am suggesting that the people at Pianotek want to believe that Schaff cannot easily get their prices and vice versa.  You also make a good point about consumers knowing the prices.  My point is that trying to protect one's price list in this day and age of instant information availability is just nonsense, no matter the reason for wanting to do so.  I used to encounter this in the housewares industry, particularly at new product introductions during trade shows.  We all knew that any one of our reps could, within milliseconds, make our price lists available to the entire industry, consumers included, yet we continued to play the game.  Finally, I went to the president of one of my major competitors and just said, "Look, you know and I know and you know I know . . .ya da ya da ya da . . ." and we finally grew into the twentieth century. But, of course, that was last century.