How to know the value of a piano (in mint condition)

J Patrick Draine draine at comcast.net
Wed Apr 5 20:55:12 MDT 2006

Are you also familiar with Larry Fine's "2005-2006 Annual Supplement
to THE PIANO BOOK"? That's a fairly comprehensive guide to list prices.
There is also the Ancott Guide which comes out more frequently and (I
haven't subscribed to it for more than 10 years) I think may be a bit
more precise in focussing on MSRP.
Obviously older pianos aren't of the same retail value, which makes
putting together an appraisal more of an art (or at least more work)!
Go to retailers' showrooms, read "want advertisers", e-bay,
pianoworld, etc.
Patrick