False Beats / Loose pins

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Wed Apr 5 14:07:40 MDT 2006

David

There was like alllll kinds of loose pins on this piano. And as I said..
I run into this kind of thing all the time.  I'm sure had I destrung
this piano I could have pulled at least half the pins out with my
fingers... wobbled a few in their holes... and the rest would have
willingly followed a pair of polished needlenosed :)

The problem is that I find way too many exceptions to this <<rule>>.

Cheers
RicB

Wouldn't you think was the exception not the rule?   A false beat  from
a loose bridge pin is only going to happen if the pin is moving and
creating two speaking lengths in the string...I think...possibly your
big bridge pin was loose but not moving?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California