Never, Ever ....

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 03:06:37 EDT

Alan,

Sounds like an interesting afternoon...

I usually add half an hour for each appointment on an unseen piano, and
firmly plant the possibility of a return trip in the mind of the owner.   That way
I don't lose out an appointment if it turns out to be a  tuning with perhaps
just a pitch raise.  It's hard to say what you're gonna  get until you see the
beast, no matter whose concert-pianist friend tells you  "just a few notes
are out of tune."

No, wacko your are not.  I often find myself completely drained at the  end
of the day.  I don't want to hear music, or anything loud on the way  home in
the car.  I never thought I'd appreciate silence so much as I do  after a day
of 4 tunings, each with a large pitch raise.

I think many of us find it hard to take breaks.  We see it as lost  time, and
therefore, lost money.  But a break between tunings does wonders  for our
sanity!

Thanks for the post,

Dave Stahl

In a message dated 10/21/2005 10:25:32 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,