Remedial String Leveling

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:10:08 -0700

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8
Installment #2.<G> I'm sending each, separately, so's not to go over the size limits.<G>
This tool is made from a piece of Brass Bar Stock, 1/4"x3/8". The bend is done "cold". (Put it in a vise and hit it with a dead blow hammer.) The grooves are simply cut with a regular hacksaw, which should give you a groove that will accomodate most string sizes.  Cut the grooves about 1/16" deep. Grind to get the clearance to access the middle string(s).
The way this tool works, is to simply put it on the string and push/pull with very little effort. Go easy, as this tool will give you "massive" results!!! I usually use this tool, over all others, as it is so effortless and controllable. Pull to raise the string. Push to lower. I usually place the tool about  1/2" from the agraffe to get the desired results. Have fun.<G>
Installment #3 is next. (a side view of this tool).
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I