Topics for Technicals

Mike Kurta mkurta@adelphia.net
Sat, 8 Oct 2005 12:23:53 -0400

    Hi Greg:
    Our Syracuse chapter hosts members from sister chapters on an exchange
basis.  They send a tech with a subject to us, and we do the same with them.
This keeps the costs down and fresh faces in front of us.  We also schedule
(as I'm sure many chapters do) a summer picnic and a winter
dinner-Christmas, New Year, whatever. They give the spouses a chance to get
together. We also take a month off here and there, and have started an
annual field trip.  We've done meetings consisting of white elephant sales,
round robin meetings at members homes, what's in your tool kit meetings,
your favorite tool(s), any specialty a member may have such as keytop
replacement, refinishing, stringing, regulation, etc. etc.  Get creative,
have speakers come in from your local gas and/or electric company (they have
them) to put on a meeting.  As someone suggested, ask local dealers if they
would have a factory person come in for a presentation, (they also have
them).
    You'll always have veteran members who will stay home, but if the
meetings are interesting enough, its surprising how many of them show up.
    Mike Kurta