Rebuilders gallery at national in Rochester (Dale)

Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:13:24 +0100

I, for one, hope the playing of these pianos is recorded on a CD and
comments from professional pianists who play them are also recorded. Now
wouldn't that be something? I'd like a CD please!
Regards from a very gloomy Sussex where there's still a drought and a
hose-pipe ban.
Michael G.(UK)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ric Brekne [mailto:ricbrek@broadpark.no]
Sent: 06 October 2005 10:03
To: pianotech
Subject: Rebuilders gallery at national in Rochester (Dale)

Dale Erwin wrote:

Just spoke with Rick Florence & the last 2  are David Andersen & Jude (oh
dang it I forgot his name) from  Boston. new info brings it to 9 total

So far the 8 are Ron Nossaman, Terry Farrell, David Hughes  Shawn Hoar, Ron
Overs, Dale Erwin, Chris Robinson  & the last  one escapes me right now.
 My own feeling is that a display of this kind  supports, encourages &
promotes member creativity & enthusiasm &  also affirms the merits of on
going
edjucation.

_________________________________

This is really a fantastic addition to the PTG conventions. Should add
all kinds of inspiration to many around the world that it */is/*
actually possible to do this kind of thing successfully. It should also
function as a truly positive orientented way of putting forward
alternative approaches to piano building.  All the name bashing and
verbal smearing of <<the competition>> just plain turns off too many
valuable potential allies and customers... makes the road more
difficult.  This approach allows the technical community a chance to see
close up and personal instruments for themselves, allowing the rebuilder
to put their best foot forward.  I would also suggest that opening the
exhibition gallery to the general public for some hours each day would
further contribute to the general benifit of the convention and not the
least the rebuilders cause. CAUT could also benifit in this fashion I
would think.  A kind of  piano NAMM could be developed out of this basic
approach that could be both profitable for the PTG and offer the
rebuilder a chance to compete on an equal basis with established
manufacturers.

Cheers
RicB