Mona Lisa effect

Doug Knabe dknabe@airmail.net
Thu, 06 Oct 2005 07:02:36 -0500

I'm sure Steinway would like to be in a position to trademark their
sound, warts and all. Harley Davidson does this with the sound of their
bikes. It's unique, and people have grown to love the sound. Therefore,
it's a huge marketing win to create this kind of situation. MGM
registered the roar of its lion as a trademark, and NBC registered its
three-toned chime as a service mark. Not a bad strategy.

Doug Knabe
Dallas