Anyone using UFO CA glue?

John Delmore jodel@kairos.net
Wed, 5 Oct 2005 08:44:40 -0500

CA glue is not really very toxic.  One MSDS I saw gave the LD50 (oral) as
"more than 5000 mg/kg", and (dermal) as "more than 2000 mg/kg", which
basically means that if one hundred 160 pound people ate 350 ml of the stuff
each (about 12 oz.) it MIGHT kill half of them.  The fumes are irritating,
and cause asthma-like symptoms.  The accelerator is much more toxic, and
much more irritating-I'd stay away from that stuff.
John

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Mark Potter
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 7:18 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Anyone using UFO CA glue?

David Skolnik <davidskolnik@optonline.net> wrote:
Just to clarify, UFO is Satellite City's odorless formulation, i.e, same
brand. There are other manufacturers, such as Loctite, who also make an
odorless version. (408 Prism Instant Adhesive Low Odor).

David -
A quick query... does the "odorless" feature of these CA glues necessarily
mean that the toxicity is lower?  Better safe than sorry...
Mark Potter