Anyone using UFO CA glue?

Tue, 4 Oct 2005 21:02:46 +0100

Good point, David. We must observe this. It could, of course, be an
allergy... but then we all have those to some extent.

Michael G.(UK)

-----Original Message-----
From: David Skolnik [mailto:davidskolnik@optonline.net]
Sent: 04 October 2005 04:38
To: pianotech; caut@ptg.org
Subject: Anyone using UFO CA glue?

Apologizing for double listing.  (Pianotech & CAUT) -

I spent a few hours in an emergency room early Saturday morning, after

CA'ing the bass tuning pins and bridge pins of a Steinway L, using

Satellite City's HOT STUFF (RED).  I wasn't using any mask, and the room,

though large, did not have much air exchange.  By the time I got home from

the job (Friday evening), my nasal passages were ENTIRELY blocked, i.e., no

air, and, if I tried to swallow my ears popped.  Even with the visit, it

took 24 hours and a number of drugs before I could begin to approach normal

breathing, and even now, early Tuesday AM, I'm still fairly congested (nose

and ears).

Has anyone had any similar such experiences?  Bill Hunter, of Satellite

City says he is unaware of any such cases.

I plan to try some UFO, even though it's more than twice as expensive.

David Skolnik