free viewers

William Morton wjmwjm@asisna.com
Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:59:28 -0800

On 30, Nov 2005, , at 15:00, Don wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> It's pretty annoying to get a file that you can't read. Microsoft
> doesn't
> want you to be left out, so it's got free viewers for Excel,
> PowerPoint,
> and Word.

Yes----but ONLY for Windoze!   Us Macintosh folks are beyond the pale
as far as M$OFT is concerned.  Fortunately, there's a free replacement
for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.   It is called NeoOfficeJ and is an
extension from the old StarOffice that SUN used to provide.   It is
FREE!
I've used it now for about 6 months and it seems to work fine.

Note this isn't just a reader---it is a full-function replacement for
all
of these programs.

Bill

---