HELP !

richard.ucci@att.net richard.ucci@att.net
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 23:49:52 +0000

Greetings Good and Knowledgeable People,

Had a very frustrating day today. Big old Ellington upright HEAVY ARSE PIANO.
I was to replace the casters ( bought Darnell's) and new pedals. Tilted it back, all ok , removed bottom board and installed new pedals.

Then started on the casters, back treble caster had gone sideways and was laying flat. A fair amount of the wood around the hole was gone, but enough still there I thought to screw in new plate .

Got them all in, put bottom board back and stood piano up.
Pedals are about 1/2" too short. They are not as long as the originals. Can I drill new holes in the wooden brackets for the pedal pins and move them up?

Oh, one other thing, the broken caster in the back went over again....
tried to put front piece back on the piano and spent 30 min. trying to get it to fit again (it didn't).
I could some advice...

Thanks,
Rick Ucci...