Plastic Keytop Repair

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 7:56:59 -0800

------=_NextPart_38685.3312418519.236
That is exactly how it turns out for me...doesn't matter what you try t=
o do to whiten it.
David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, California

Original message
From: Farrell
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Plastic Keytop Repair

A month ago I had posted a question regarding using the Acrylikey II ke=
ytop repair system to fix chipped plastic keys:

I had asked Acrylikey folks:
>> Can your AcryliKey II keytop repair system be used to repair chips i=
>> plastic keytops? I service a late-model Yamaha C3 that has several c=
hipped
>> keys.

and

 Mike Wagner wrote:
> Acrylikey is specifically designed for natural ivory.  From our websi=
te
> (www.wagner-technical.com) FAQs:
>
> "While it will bond to plastic, it was originally designed for ivory,=
 and,
> as such, it looks much better on ivory than it does on plastic.
> Also, it will tend to create a faint cream colored line at the point =
where
> it bonds to a  plastic keytop."

Indeed he was correct - although the cream color seems to have tainted =
the entire repair:

However, it does seem to be bonded well and the repair cannot be notice=
d with fingers - only the eye.

Terry Farrell

------=_NextPart_38685.3312418519.236
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...