Back length tuning

Ric Brekne ricbrek@broadpark.no
Tue, 29 Nov 2005 08:44:16 +0100

Hi folks

I would really appreciate hearing a bit about varying methods of
<<tuning>> the back scale of instruments.  Anyone with knowledge of
Duplex Dans methods, other  approaches, basic tuning methods that
perhaps address the back scale in anyway would be very nice to hear from.

My basic understanding at present leads me to believe that the front
duplex can be tuned to the detriment or enhancement of both sustain and
tonal qualities if tuned slightly out of tune with the speaking lengths
and that this applies to a much lesser degree to backlengths.

 Any discussion, info, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
RicB