no key for fallboard clamp

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:42:40 -0700

At 07:23 PM 11/27/2005 -0700, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>     I acquired a grand recently that had a HANDS OFF FALLBOARD CLAMP on
> it.  The seller provided me with a key that she knew was the right key,
> it wasn`t and I have no key.  I can break the thing off, but I`d like to
> resell it if possible.  Any secret to getting this off without breaking
> it and w/o a key?
>thanks,
>Tom
>Berthoud, CO

The key should be like a small Master Lock key, and don't be so sure you
received the wrong one. Many of those locks require a little finesse, in
the form of inserting the key, and then pulling it out very slightly before
turning. Otherwise, it may act as if it doesn't work at all. A locksmith
could probably pick it and make you a key if that doesn't work. Cheaper
than replacement.

Good luck,
Guy