Humidity & voicing

Marcel Carey mcpiano@videotron.ca
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 11:58:02 -0500

Thanks to all that have answered. I know it is ideal to control
humidity, but... It's not always possible. What I've noticed is that
hammer that were treated with laquer or other hardeners won't change as
much. And the dampp chaser does not affect the hammers as much as I
would like unless the piano is covered with a full length cover "MOST OF
THE TIME".

I guess since this is no perfect world, one has to deal with it. I like
Horace's idea of drying the hammers before a performance in case of
emergency.

Thanks again,

Marcel Carey

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/