Reducing weight was RE: older kawai whippen assist springs

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 07:59:45 -0500

I suggest being very thorough in your actions to minimize friction in
the action centers. Sometimes when very slowly returning hammers are
the most glaringly obvious problem in a Baldwin console, I've found
that wippen flanges and even jack flanges have high friction levels.
More repinning than I was planning on, but the results are worth it.
Patrick Draine