underlever spring source

Britt West brittsam@charter.net
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:43:13 -0500

Mike,
    I usually use a spring making jig and make them out of piano wire.
Piano wire is, I believe, spring steel.  I think I got the jig from
Schaff though it could have been APSCO it was several years ago.
Measure the diameter of the wire and make sure that you have some piano
wire is the same or close.  If not Schaff sells a variety of sizes used
for other purposes besides stringing pianos.  You could also make a jig
to bend the wire around.  Email me privately if you like and I will
send you a photo of the jig I have.

Britt

Britt West, RPT

West Piano Service