Yamaha Keytops and Bushings

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:23:59 EST

Terry
   How about a new set of keys from Yamaha.  Probably  cheaper.
  Dale

I am tasked with replacing several keytops and  bushing sets on several
Yamaha C3 grands. These pianos are less than 10 years  old.

Anyone know what kind of glue did Yamaha use for  the key bushings? Some kind
of white crud?

Anyone have any experience with removing a Yamaha  keytop - some method that
best preserves the wooden key itself. I presume I  can steam them off, but it
is likely that some will have to be done on-site  (cruise ship) and steaming
will not be an attractive option. Is there some  magic way to pry and just
"pop" them off?

Thanks.

Terry  Farrell