High Gloss vs Dull

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 20:01:40 -0800

Matthew said: "
Hey everyone,
I just acquired another piano to practice on. This time I will practice replacing keytops AND sharps.
What do ya'll use as far as high gloss sharps and the dull finish. Is there any particular type to use that would look better with the piano finish? Or does it just matter with what I want it to look like?
Thanks!

Matthew,
Looks/smooks! You're a pianist, right? What "Feels" better to you? Personally, I never put High Gloss on! However, try to get decent Dull Finish Sharps! I buy the regular, high gloss sharps and sand blast them puppies. Then I dye them to get rid of the "grey" look. It's my preference.
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I