shank strike weights

Mark Schecter schecter@pacbell.net
Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:03:59 -0800

William Ballard wrote:
>  snip  <
My browser wasn't able to get a response from fazioli.com.

Try http://www.fazioli-piano.com/english/frameset_english.html

I looked at, I think, everything on that site, and found no mention at
all of magnetic balancing.

For a description of magnetically balanced action by Hans Velo, one of
the designers, try http://home.hetnet.nl/~velo68/index.htm#Innovations

The U.S. distributor of Fazioli pianos, and a licensee for installing
MBA in the US, is International Brokers, Inc. of Little Rock, AR, at
http://www.internationalbrokersinc.com/

I saw nothing there about the pricing or process of MBA installation
either as a retrofit, or in any manufacturer's process.

Apparently Seiler is installing MBA at the factory, though it's not
clear whether they are licensing Velo's, but they mention Seiler Super
Magnetic Repetition Action as if it's their invention, or their patent.
http://www.seiler-pianos.de/eng/seiler/patente.htm

Maybe others' eyes can tease out some stuff I've missed.

-Mark