Check is in the mail!

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 20 Nov 2005 22:15:30 -0600

Except for larger churches and a couple of nursing homes (not locally owned), I don't leave or send a bill. I stand there, and they write me a check or whip out some $20's. I have a form that I use for a statement or an estimate (or both) when detailed work is required, but even on that the word "invoice" does not appear.  Even the U.S. Army (bless them, pray for them) pays me on the spot, by credit card.

Am I all that unique in this?

Maybe I just have my customers trained better than y'all do.    :o)

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri

----- Original Message -----
From: Joseph Garrett
To: pianotech
Sent: 11/20/2005 5:53:56 PM
Subject: Re: Check is in the mail!

Rick asked: "
I'm still waiting for checks from a wealthy dr. and another business owner from 3 weeks ago. I have called them and still nothing in the mail. How do others handle this in a tactful manor? It says "Payment expected upon services rendered "on my invoice , but .....

Rick,
Tackful/Schmackful, after 30 days, I send a new billing with a "service Charge" Added. By law, we are allowed to add 18% of the the bill, yearly. This usually gets the client's attention.....sometimes not. <;-(>
"manor"!??? didn't you mean manner?<G>
As for Ron's annomoly, that's more than strange. If I were you, Ron, (thankfully I'm not<G>), I'd be checking for a very bright light in the Eastern Sky!<G> Totally WIERD!
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T. (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I