Chucky Cheese

Geoff Sykes thetuner@ivories52.com
Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:15:10 -0800

------=_NextPart_001_000F_01C5ECF2.22612600
I had the opportunity to repair some balance rail holes using the =
Key-Craft
kit featured on page 64 of the Schaff catalog. I can't imagine the =
repair
getting any easier. (Thanks Isaac)
=20
-- Geoff Sykes
-- Assoc. Los Angeles

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of John Ross
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2005 5:50 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Chucky Cheese

Hi Terry,
It looks like you used the 'Spurlock', method, and tool?
Did you route out the slot?
To what depth, or what is the thickness, of the insert?
Is the hole in it tapered, or just straight through?
What is the difference in size between the balance rail pin, and the =
drill
bit?
I have heard some talk of making the insert longer to cut down on flex, =
did
you give any thought to that?
Finally, what type of wood did you use?
Oh, by the way, very nice looking job.