shank strike weights

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Fri, 18 Nov 2005 16:09:18 EST

Bill
   Well On slightly different tack. BTW good points.

  Somebody wrote
  But Rick, you worry that whatever David held back from PD might have
prevented his metrology from flourishing in the trade at large.

   Dale writes
   I dont' find much that limits a technicians  flourishing in any technical
sense  in our professions other than the lack  of desire to use common
knowledge available. Them that can do  &  them that dont' simply choose not to do any
thing but tune & run, capstans  be damned. I know it sounds synical which I'm
not prone to, but I've seen so  much poor/lack of technicianing (my word)
lately. Sorry
    All this to say that the methods David  Stanwood has popularized &
collated Are being used by motivated  technicians in a variety of forms &
applications & I don't find the  patent issue on the salient point of how David leads
keys of any concern to me  at this time. I have an open mind . Someone feel free
to change it.
 I'm not saying it doesn't have merit & isn't a  valuable technique but most
Custom balancers are not using it any way, in it's  patented intended form.
    BTW David S.
Thanks for all the help your efforts have been to  me.
 Most Sincerely
  Dale Erwin

I'm
reminding the discussion that the amount held back was a single
component of the metrology's application, and in fact its final and
most esoteric one. The FW Equation of Balance took shape, what, 6-7
years ago, and patented maybe 3 years ago? During this same time,
I've  not seen an abandonment of David's metrology (or a refuting
thereof). On  the contrary, I've seen an expansion of his procedures,
of not just the  language of his metrology, both here on PTx and out
in the real  world.

Not to run on too long, just wishing to examine under good  light,
disagreements which really aren't.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH  Chapter, P.T.G.